AwakeMUD is a highly-evolved CircleMUD based codebase set in the world of Shadowrun
from FASA (Now FanPro). It is based on the 3rd Edition Rules and follows the canon rules as much as is possible in a MUD
AwakeMUD Codebase Public Release
You can download the public release of the AwakeMUD 0.8.20B Release Codebase here
Contact Me Via Email with any questions, comments or any help you need
setting it up or changing it.
Or alternatively contact me on ICQ# 26791532.
Older versions can be found here.
The current version of the development code can also be found here. Please note - This is the
current version of the code I am working on, updated every minute, at times it may not compile and it is designed for a world
file much larger than what is in the release version. Compiling in files from here may cause strange reactions and you do so
at your own risk.
Additions In 0.8.20B
Older update logs can be found here.
- Bug Fixes - Up to the minute bug fixes.
- Vehicle Messaging - All send_to_rooms are now sent to vehicles also.
- Photos - Now show position as set with position command.
- Voice Modulators - Now mask voice on radio.
- Object Damage - Changed to now more closely reflect canon rules.
- Dice - Dice command added to roll dice with.
- edit_spell - Removed all reference to old spell creation.
- Counterstrike - Added this forgotten adept ability.
- Blacklisted Flag - Stops players from getting jobs with johnsons.
- Pocket secretary - Can now be used while being held.
- Reload - Now need a free hand to do it with, requiring two handed weapons to be unequipped.
- Survey - Players can now access room size information.
- Ramming - Added MOB_NORAM flag for mobs that cannot be rammed for whatever reason.
- Violence Pulse - Extended to 3 seconds from 1.
- Initiative Calculation - No longer calculates with SET_FIGHTING(), now waits for next initiative pass.
- Spell Casting - Spells now queue in combat and wait for the next combat turn.
- Dragging - Can now drag people into vehicles.
- Customize - Can no longer change height and weight after Newbie.
- Combat Pools - BODY and DEFENSE commands removed, replaced with simpler CPOOL.
- Storage Lockers - Storage locker spec proc added.
- Storage Memory - Removing this part from a deck now zeroes out storage memory stat.
- Who list - Now outputs in pre-rendered HTML to lib/wholist.
- Firing Modes - Can now change firing modes on weapon.
- Memory Leaks - Fixed large extra-object memory leaks in loading characters.
- Combat Messages - Firearms now have new combat messages that fully reflect firing modes.
- Damage Staging - DEADLY is now the highest level, will not do more than 10 boxes worth of damage at a time.
- Immunity to Normal Weapons - Spirits and elementals now properly calculate their immunity.
- Memory Usage - Many invalid addressing, leaks, etc. fixed.
- Vehicle Speeds - Vehicle Max speed is reduced depending on the amount carried.
- Prone - Allows use of bipods/tripods and weaker people to use heavy weapons.
- Watch - Can now passively watch adjacent rooms for entrances/exits.
- Hardcore Mode - Toggleable Permdeath Mode added.
- MYSQL Backend - PFiles now save in a MYSQL database. Other files to follow.
- Powerdown Command and Adept Power Deactivation - Can now deactivate all powers and once and deactivating them
totally removes all their effects.
- list_one_char() - Now displays the flag (player) to NEWBIE flagged characters.
- Spell list - Now displays category instead of spell type.
- Idle Time - Now resets upon finishing a B/R task.
- Who OOC - Displays all players with OOC turned on.
- Who NEWBIE - Displays all players with 26TKE or less.
- Trideo and TRIDLOG - Trideos now display random messages from the tridlog which is edited by immortals with the
- Release All - Can now release all spells at once.
- Status Name - Immortals can now target other players with the status command.
- Ignore Command - Can now ignore other players on OOC chat.
Shopping Info - Not all object types have information available about them. Items without info will display price
OLC Delete Functions - Use of these functions is not recommended. Doing so then editing zone commands can cause
| Main Menu